Wednesday, November 5, 2008

OBAMA WINS

EPIC WIN FOR DEMOCRATS AND LIBERALS EVERYWHERE! It seriously might have been the end of the world if someone as sickeningly conservative as Sarah Palin ended up in a seat of power. After listening to McCain's concession speech I realized that he truly was a good candidate. He would have been a good president. That does not change my disagreement with his ideal policies for the environment or our country in general, nor does it make me forgive him for selecting a gun-toting, ultra conservative, backwards idiot for his running mate.

Last night I watched the numbers come in at a party celebrating the end of the election as well as the 21st birthdays of two friends. It was a wonderful birthday present for those two to see their desired candidate elected.

Leaving the party I passed through Tappan Square. Several hundred students were screaming and dancing in their celebration. It was brisk and cool with a great many stars shining in the sky. Across the square I saw the crowd celebrating. They beat the drums with wild abandon as they chanted Obama's name and danced together under the crescent moon's pale light and the warm amber glow of the band stand's lights.

In that brief walk from my friend's apartment to my own dorm with the sounds of cheering filling the air and echoing from the surrounding buildings I was so happy. I'm sure I wore a contented smile for the entire walk home.

Life is great. Things are going to change.

Of course, then I got back to my room and had to finish my lab report before finally being able to sleep... but not even that could bring me down!

No comments: