Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sense of Approaching Doom explained

It's April Fool's Day! That means disaster can strike at anytime in the form of a cosmic joke of epic proportions!


J/K... But really, bad things can happen on April Fool's. It was April Fool's of last year that my parents left the pets under my uncle's care, flew up to Oberlin through bad weather (it was a pretty dangerous flight, they weren't expecting the icing) and then my uncle goes and get arrested!

But now that April is here, I remember something else as well. My birthday usually tends to be surrounded by bad things happening. Not always very bad, sometimes, just really sad. In my childhood, every year, my dad was called away for Navy training on the week of my Birthday. Every fucking year. A tornado hit my school district when I was in Elementary school the week before my birthday. I got my first period exactly one week before my 11th birthday. Both my aunt and grandmother died one week before my birthday. Last year's shooting at West Virginia Tech happened around my birthday as well. Things that will distract people from noticing that another year of my life is passing always happen around my birthday. Given my history, I don't think I'm all that paranoid to go expecting something bad to happen around my birthday again this year.

Okay, maybe I'm just more attentive to these things when its around my birthday. (I kind of doubt that). Maybe April is just a bad month....

I know its paranoid, but I can't help but think, "What will it be this year?"

No comments: