Sunday, December 2, 2007

You promise?

This is a poetic form of a scene from one of my many stories. This one is actually a collaborative work with two friends, tentatively titled Unveiled, but desperately in need of a better name.

A young boy,
The prince,
Stood before the portal.
Enemies are fast approaching outside.
With his and held out to his childhood love
He cries out,
“Blue! Come with me!”
“I can’t,”
Said the girl,
A common girl.
She could not go
For the portal would only hold two
And the boy prince and his brother must go
The prince protested,
Blue smiled,
“You have to go.
Don't worry….I’ll be right behind you.”

“You promise?”

“I promise, I’m always right behind you.”

“I’ll wait for you on the other side!”
With that, he fled through the portal…

And the portal closed.

The boy’s memories are lost along the way,
He forgets what he’s waiting for.

Meanwhile the girl and the guard, her sister,
Have been left to die.
Oh how the flames did rise
On that little hut,
With the guard and little Blue inside.
The guard dies,
But Blue survives

Scared and alone.
Scarred and forgotten.

No comments: